Erection Problem may develop due to physical (organic) or psychological factors. For a large number of males, both physical and psychological factors are responsible for erection problem.1
Organic reasons of erection problem:1
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Nervous system diseases
- Endocrine (hormonal system) diseases
- Prostate Surgery
- Malformation of penis
- Use of cigarette, alcohol or opiates
- Certain medications
Psychological reasons for erection problem:
- Relationship Problem.
- Anxiety (worries), guilt feelings1,2
- High expectations concerning performance2
- Safarinejad MR, Hosseini SY. Erectile Dysfunction: Clinical Guidelines (1). Urology Journal 2004;1(3):133-147.
- Sexual Training Treatment and Research Center. Erkek Cinselliği. http://www.cetad.org.tr/CetadData/Book/29/269201116737-bilgilendirme_dosyasi_6.pdf, Date of Access: 09.12.2015.
Warning: The information provided here is general. It may be misleading to make diagnosis, prognosis or to draw conclusions based on this information. Physical examination must be conducted by a physician.